A 2019 Kerrville New Folk Finalist and 2019 Songwriter Serenade Semi-Finalist, Claudia’ Gibson won first place in the 2018 Woody Guthrie Songwriting Contest for her song “Dreamers," featured on her current EP Louisiana Sky. Claudia's finely crafted Folk/Americana songs have earned praise from musicians like Gordy Quist of the Band of Heathens, who calls her “a soulful storyteller and a vivid poet,” and Grammy-nominated hit songwriter David Lee, who terms her “a songwriter’s songwriter.” James Killen of the Houston Music Review has cited Claudia’s "beautiful voice and thoughtful lyrics", while DJs on independent radio from Oregon to North Carolina have spun tracks from her debut album Step By Step, earning it placement in the Roots Music Report's 2017 Top Americana/Country chart.
Picking up her big sister's nylon string guitar at age 11, Claudia's music experience includes folk, blues, rock, classical, R&B and jazz - a journey that took her from small acoustic clubs in the NYC suburbs to music school, college bands and several subsequent years in Manhattan, singing backu in bands while struggling to launch a solo career. "It was a hard, lonely time, without a lot of success," she recalls. "I think my low point was singing in a band that held its weekly rehearsals upstairs from an S&M club!"
Marriage and children provided an impetus for Claudia to move up to the country, where she rediscovered the joy of writing songs on acoustic guitar for the satisfaction of no one other than herself. After moving to the Austin, Texas area, a chance meeting at a music retreat led to Gordy Quist’s offer to produce her first album, Step by Step.
Claudia's songs merge her long-honed musical skills with a lifetime's experience, creating songs rich with human emotion. Whether it's the purposeful journey chronicled in "Cleveland, Ohio," the improbably successful domestic life of "Step By Step," or the uncertain dual life lived by DACA recipients in "Dreamers," Claudia's songs ring true because she describes moments and emotions we all know and recognize.
- 2019 Kerrville New Folk Competition Finalist
- 2019 Songwriter Serenade Semi-Finalist
- 2019 BW Stevenson Singer-Songwriter Contest Semi-Finalist
- 2018 Dripping Springs Songwriter Festival artist
- 1st place 2018 Woody Guthrie Songwriting Contest for “Dreamers”
- Mainstage set at 2018 Woody Guthrie Festival
- Step By Step - Roots Music Report's Top Americana Country Album Chart 2017
- Honorable Mention, Houston Music Review writer James Killen - 2017 Southwest Regional Folk Alliance Review
- Top Five Song of the Month for “Step By Step,” Songwriter Universe, May 2017
- SXSW live radio performing slot, SunRadio 2017 Yeti Flagship Stage
- Featured one hour radio interviews - WBSD 89.1 FM Burlington, WI and KWVH 94.1 Wimberley, TX
- 1st place honors in several song categories at the 2016 and 2017 Texas Music Symposium
- The Indie Bible PopScore Pick, January 2017 for "Real Love"