Singer-songwriter Claudia Gibson’s music has earned praise from musicians like Gordy Quist of the Band of Heathens, who calls her “a soulful storyteller and a vivid poet,” and Grammy-nominated hit songwriter David Lee, who says she is “a songwriter’s songwriter.” Selected as a finalist in the prestigious 2019 Kerrville New Folk competition and as a semi-finalist in the 2019 Songwriters Serenade competition, Claudia’s song “Dreamers” earned first place in the 2018 Woody Guthrie Songwriting Competition, and she was a 2018 Dripping Springs Songwriters Festival artist. James Killen of the Houston Music Review has cited Claudia’s "...beautiful voice and thoughtful lyrics", while DJs on independent radio from Oregon to North Carolina have spun tracks from her first album Step By Step, earning it placement in The Roots Music Report's Top Americana Country Album Chart for 2017.
A singer, guitarist and songwriter since her teens, Claudia's music career took a back seat to raising a family and working as a writer in other fields for many years. After moving to the Austin, Texas area, a chance meeting at a music retreat led to Gordy Quist’s offer to produce her first album, Step by Step.
Claudia's songs are honest and borne of life experience - hard earned at times, joyous and bittersweet at others. Claudia’s voice and guitar accompaniment compliment her songs’ strong melodies and harmony, helping her to earn songwriting recognition and awards.
Claudia's new EP Louisiana Sky contains acoustic songs recorded in summer 2018 and January 2019, including the title cut and the award-winning "Dreamers,” a song chronicling the lives of DACA recipients.
Instagram - @claudiagibsonmusic |Facebook - facebook.com/claudiagibsonmusic |Twitter - @ctgibson
Claudia Gibson - recent highlights:
- 2019 Grassy Hill Kerrville New Folk Finalist
- 2019 Songwriters Serenade Semi-Finalist
- 2019 BW Stevenson Songwriters Competition Semi-Finalist
- 2018 Dripping Springs Songwriter Festival Artist
- 1st place 2018 Woody Guthrie Songwriting Contest for “Dreamers”
- Mainstage set, 2018 Woody Guthrie Festival
- Step By Step - Roots Music Report's Top Americana Country Album Chart 2017
- Honorable Mention - Houston Music Review's 2017 Southwest Regional Folk Alliance Review
- Top Five Song of the Month - “Step By Step,” Songwriter Universe, May 2017
- SXSW live radio - SunRadio’s 2017 Yeti Flagship Stage , “Step By Step”
- Featured one hour radio interviews on WBSD 89.1 FM Burlington, WI and KWVH 94.1 Wimberley, TX
- 1st place honors in several categories at the 2016 and 2017 Texas Music Symposium for the songs “Step By Step”, “Real Love”, “Cleveland, Ohio”, “The Days” and “Unbound.”
- Indie Bible PopScore Pick, January 2017 - "Real Love"