Claudia Gibson: Songwriter
Songwriting. It’s a vocation. And a calling. Just ask Wimberley, Texas songwriter Claudia Gibson.
Through a dizzying array of jobs, occupations and life roles, songwriting has remained a constant for Claudia Gibson, ever since she started performing at age 16. While raising three children kept her occupied for the better part of 25 years, Claudia never stopped writing, playing guitar or singing her songs. In 2015, with offspring successfully launched, she turned back to writing, performing and recording in a serious way.
There is no playbook for reigniting a music career midlife. So Claudia Gibson is just doing it.
In late 2016 Claudia released Step By Step, an album of original music, produced by Gordy Quist of the Band of Heathens. Step By Step cracked the Americana Radio charts, made the Roots Music Report's Top Americana Country Album Chart for 2017 and had its songs featured on dozens of independent radio programs throughout the U.S. and Europe. Several of the songs from Step By Step have won awards in Texas and nationally.
Listeners connect with the honesty and relatability of these songs. They are borne of life experience - hard earned at times, joyous and bittersweet at others - and feature what James Kileen of the Houston Music Review terms Claudia’s "...beautiful voice and thoughtful lyrics."
Since recording Step By Step, Claudia has written several more songs, and as of summer 2018, has recorded several, once again with Gordy Quist producing. A crowdfunding campaign is planned for mid-to-late 2018.
One of Claudia Gibson’s newest songs - “Dreamers” was named the winner of the 2018 Woody Guthrie Songwriting contest. Listen to it on this website player, and download/stream via iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, etc.
Claudia will be performing in the 2018 Dripping Springs Songwriter Festival, Oct. 19-21.
Listen to Step By Step, catch Claudia live, and follow her on social media for new music updates!
Instagram - claudiagibsonmusic
Facebook - facebook.com/claudiagibsonmusic
Twitter - ctgibson
Claudia Gibson - recent highlights:
- 2018 Dripping Springs Songwriter Festival artist - Oct 19-21
- 1st place in the 2018 Woody Guthrie Songwriting Contest for the song “Dreamers”
- Mainstage set at the 2018 Woody Guthrie Festival
- Step By Step - Roots Music Report's Top Americana Country Album Chart 2017
- Honorable Mention by Houston Music Review writer James Killen in his 2017 Southwest Regional Folk Alliance Review
- Top Five Song of the Month for “Step By Step,” Songwriter Universe, May 2017
- SXSW live radio performing slot on SunRadio’s 2017 Yeti Flagship Stage for “Step By Step”
- Featured one hour radio interviews on WBSD 89.1 FM Burlington, WI and KWVH 94.1 Wimberley, TX
- 1st place honors in several categories at the 2016 and 2017 Texas Music Symposium for the songs “Step By Step”, “Real Love”, “Cleveland, Ohio”, “The Days” and “Unbound.”
- The Indie Bible PopScore Pick, January 2017 for "Real Love"